What happens if I cannot make my first scheduled mortgage payment after my Bankruptcy case has been filed?

Every effort should be made to resume your regular mortgage payments if your Bankruptcy case includes mortgage arrears (payments that are delinquent). If you cannot make these payments, please contact your mortgage company and let them know of the situation.  If your mortgage company needs a consent letter from our office to speak with you regarding this matter, please send us a request in writing and we will fax a letter to them.  It is best to keep your mortgage company informed during the bankruptcy process.  They will be more likely to work with you.

>>More Bankruptcy Questions

Do you have a question for our staff?

Your Name (required) Your Email (required)

Or you can contact us directlydownload a free bankruptcy book or take our free online evaluation.