We have not been receiving statements in the mail from our secured creditors (Vehicle/Home) to continue paying outside of the Bankruptcy repayment plan. What should we do?

You may attempt to contact your creditor to request statements. They may require a written release from our office allowing them to contact you for this limited purpose. However, some creditors will refuse to send monthly statements as it could be considered a “violation of the stay”, or a violation of the prohibition of your creditors contacting you in any way due to the Bankruptcy filing. You may just need to remember to make your monthly payments on time every month without the receipt of a statement.


>>More Bankruptcy Questions

Do you have a question for our staff?

Your Name (required) Your Email (required)

Or you can contact us directlydownload a free bankruptcy book or take our free online evaluation.